Love is an emotion or feeling we all express. Whether it’s feeling between parents and kids, between siblings, between spouses, neighbors, or even nations – we all are fond of someone on this planet. We can’t deny that love exists in this world but it can be overwhelming to put your feelings down on paper especially when you were assigned an essay about love. Keep on reading to learn the steps and tips on how to craft a perfect essay.
Steps How to Write Essays on Love
- Do your research to find reliable sources of information.
- Remember to seek various sources and read literary works.
- Make a plan or outline.
- Begin every paragraph with a topic sentence.
- Leave the introduction and the conclusion till the end.
- Apply the method of asking yourself for every writing step. For instance, “Is it hard to understand what I write about?” or “Am I specific enough?”, etc.
- If you need to write a Rome and Juliet love essay and analyze a certain character, you should utilize quotes to describe the character’s personality.
- Revise and proofread the document.
- Or just skip all the steps above and turn to assignment writing help.
Examples and Ideas of Various Essay Types
Descriptive Essay Topics
This type of assignment is meant to describe someone or something. You may be assigned an “How is love presented in Romeo and Juliet” essay on love. Such documents don’t need to concentrate on just visuals but should include extra senses, character, and personality features. For example, you may describe:
- The way you viewed love being a child.
- Your first love.
- What it feels like to be in love.
- Your perfect love.
- The love of your life.
Persuasive/ Argumentative Essay Topics
The main aim of a persuasive essay is to convince your readers. Evidence from verified sources or personal examples can help to persuade the audience. For example, you may choose:
- Do people feel happier when they are in love?
- Is love a chemical reaction or a real emotion?
- Can arranged marriages transform into love marriages later?
Literary Analysis Essay Topics
Writing a literary analysis means you analyze every portion of the literature piece rather than just write about its plot. So, it’s essential to actually understand what you are going to write and analyze. For example, you may try these ideas:
- Romeo and Juliet: what types of love are portrayed here?
- Analyze jealousy and love in Othello.
- Examine love poetry and the Romantic Era.
- Contrast and compare how various characters experience love.
5 Useful Tips for Creating an Essay on Love
We all may have different meanings of this word. What does it mean to you? It can become a topic of your definition essay. Hence, you will need to define and analyze this word. Have you ever crafted such assignments before? If you have doubts about how to write it, here are extra tips to help you get a high grade for this assignment and create a good writing paper.
- Offer a common definition. The definition of love from a dictionary can be included in your introduction. It will help the readers better understand what you are going to tell about later in your paper and actually understand this term.
- Determine what it means to you. Such essays should offer the writer’s definition at the end of the thesis statement and in the introduction. Is your own definition specific enough? It doesn’t have to be too short or too long but understandable and clear. Another useful piece of advice from professional academic writers is to avoid passive voice.
- Provide an analysis of the definition. Divide the thesis statement so that it has a few parts. You need to discuss every part in the body paragraphs. Don’t forget to give examples in every paragraph even if they are negative as you need to prove your statements.
- Make a summary of the main points. Go back to your topic sentence and use it to create a solid conclusion. Paraphrase the points you’ve mentioned in the introduction and mention certain key phrases.
- Tell about the effect of this feeling on you. It is optional to mention your first love, the way your parents contact you, or something about emotions and what it means in your life. It can be added to the conclusion.
Top Love Essay Topics to Choose From
You may select one of the following essay topic examples unless you’ve been assigned to write on a specific topic by your lecturer. And you can even mix such a paper with a discussion essay. Let’s check some ideas:
- How do parents demonstrate their love?
- Can people feel love at first sight?
- Can a student who has never been in love create an amazing love essay?
- Can love be an obstacle to academic success?
- Is there a person who does not deserve love?
- What might happen if love disappears?
- What is the difference between true love and affection?
- What is the difference between love for people and love for money?
- If love were a person, what kind of person would it be?
- What is worse – loneliness or lost love?
- Do you agree that both partners cannot love each other equally?
These are just a few examples of what you can write about in your assignment. If you feel overwhelmed and don’t know which topic to select, you may ask yourself a few questions. Think of a topic that seems inspirational to you. It may evoke certain positive emotions or help you remember particular events from your life. Is your research question specific? These topics offer you a variety of essay samples from narrow to general.
Make certain your question is precise and understandable. Will you cover the necessary word count if you select this topic? Can you provide trusted evidence and enough research on your topic? Hopefully, these questions will help you make the right choice.