Let’s consider the everyday situation that is familiar to all students: your teacher asked you to write a descriptive essay as a home assignment. And this is a great luck if you have specific topics for a descriptive essay.
“The essay is a literary device for saying almost everything about almost anything.”Aldous Huxley
Those students who have no idea what to write about and do not even know their descriptive essay topics on their own should think carefully about this task. Each student understands that this is a search for deep research and surfing the internet all night long. If your head still has not presented you with an excellent idea for the writing of a descriptive essay, then this article will be your lifeline and certainly will be useful for you.
Every diligent student should have good writing skills. This skill will help them to compose other similar types of scientific papers in the future like:
- an essay on comparison and contrast;
- a cause-and-effect essay;
- a 250-word essay;
- a problem/solution essay;
The following items describe brief recommendation processes that will be useful when writing the required academic papers.
Descriptive Essay Outline
A descriptive essay outline is almost the same as most academic essays. It consists of:
- three paragraphs of the body;
It is the topic that determines the number of main points from which the descriptive essay will consist. If the topic does not have a large number of aspects, three paragraphs will be enough. In conclusion, you should remind the reader of the main problem of your descriptive essay. Since you are the direct author of a descriptive essay, you need to indicate what is the exact problem you are researching. And not only a thesis statement for a descriptive essay.
Advice to Start a Descriptive Essay
Tips listed below are useful not only for students but for scientists also. Here they are:
- You should not choose very broad topics such as the meaning of life, love or respect.
- It can be a descriptive essay about a place.
- But a narrow topic is not a good choice. Do not choose a topic like your favorite side of the bed or your favorite place at the table. Try to reach the middle ground, even if it takes some time to think. For example, it can be a descriptive essay about a person or a descriptive essay about the beach, descriptive essay about food, descriptive essay about my mother, descriptive essay about my best friend or descriptive essay about nature.
- Try to avoid those topics that are of little interest to you or of which you have little knowledge. You, as an author, should be prepared to explain the issues at a competent and professional level.
- Descriptive essay ideas and descriptive essay format can be various. You have to understand what is the purpose of a descriptive essay and what means a descriptive essay definition itself.
- Read your essay the most authoritative person for you. This way you can understand how relevant the topic and problem you are describing. Perhaps this will lead you to a certain improvement in some points.
- Before you start writing, carefully read the instructions for the assignment and structure of the essay and try to use a descriptive essay template. This will make the task easier.
- Before writing a descriptive essay, compile a glossary of terms on the selected topic. Check the meaning of each professional term, otherwise, you will get the risk of stopping in the middle of the work process. You will not be able to continue because of the difficulties arisen.
Descriptive Essay Topics for College Students
First of all, you have to make up the plan for your information. It may consist of a thesis statement for a descriptive essay, descriptive essay introduction, descriptive essay samples with direct references to the author, a descriptive essay conclusion (how to end a descriptive essay and to leave a print in the reader’s memory is like art). You have to determine what is a descriptive essay rubric.
I would like to introduce to you some interesting topics that you can use as your descriptive essay prompts.
Descriptive essay example about a place:
- Describe your favorite place.
- What is your ideal bedroom.
- Describe the house in which you grew up.
- What the first house on the moon would look like.
- Describe some of your favorite places in your hometown.
- What is a peaceful place that you’ve visited.
- What is a place that exists only in your imagination.
- What is a friend’s or family member’s house where you enjoy spending time.
- What is your perfect fantasy vacation destination.
- What is your favorite store.
- What is your favorite teacher’s classroom.
- What is a museum that you’ve visited recently.
- What is a place you have dreamed about that doesn’t exist in real life.
- What is a place where your pet likes spending time.
- What is an outdoor place that you know well.
Descriptive essay example about a person:
- Who is your favorite person.
- Describe each of your family members.
- What is a famous person that you would like to meet.
- Describe one of your friends.
- What is one aspect of someone that you like (for example, laugh, style of dress, words that the person likes to use, etc.)
- Describe yourself to someone who has never met you.
- What is the average human to an alien who has never before seen a person.
- Describe your pet.
- Look at some old family photos and describe an older family member as he or she was when at your age.
- Describe someone whom you miss
Descriptive essay example about an object:
- What is an object that is special to you.
- Give a tour of one room in your house by describing the most important objects in that room.
- What is one of your favorite outfits.
- Describe your favorite toy as a child.
- Describe how you get around (for example: a bicycle, skateboard, sneakers, your parents’ car, the school bus).
- What is your favorite piece of furniture where you like to spend time and relax.
- What is something that you would bury in a time capsule to tell people about what life is like today.
- What is an object that has been in your family for a long time.
- Choose a piece of food to eat; then, write a description of it that includes the way it looks, smells and tastes.
One important point can serve as your helper when writing a descriptive essay is a descriptive essay graphic organizer.
Each essay written by a professional should include a quality descriptive thesis. The Internet is crowded with a number of online support services.
The authors reserve the right to consolidate information and this can help to find certain essay topics and do an excellent job on a given topic. If a student has a desire to complete this difficult academic paper, then he/she should start with a thoughtful choice of topic.
This is the key to successful writing and high ratings. Professional a descriptive essay should include accurate data and statistics.
Our authors use only real examples and refer to relevant scientific reports with relevant facts, examples, and evidence. Our approach is that we always choose a topic that will be informative, descriptive and simple for the public understanding and will bring a maximum of success and an excellent assessment of the reader.
If you have no idea how to conclude a descriptive essay, you can always apply our specialists for online professional assignment writing help. Our team consists of talented and experienced writers. We arrange unique and plagiarism-free articles. Order an essay and enjoy your benefits!